The Grover Cleveland Birthplace Memorial Association is celebrating its 100th year!
The Association no longer owns the Birthplace, but is a recognized Friends Organization, with official relationships with the State of New Jersey and the Borough of Caldwell.
The Grover Cleveland Birthplace Memorial Association encourages:
- Donation of objects significant to the collection and funds for the care of objects on exhibition and storage;
- Donation of funds, services and objects by other organizations and individuals;
- Representation of Caldwell and the Birthplace in local, state and national organizations such as the League of Historical Societies of West Essex, NJ Museums Round Table and the League of NJ Historical Societies;
- Service on the State’s Interpretation Committee providing research toward presenting the site in an authentic yet attractive and meaningful way;
- Publicizing the activities of the site, including the Annual Conference, the Ice Cream Social, the Birth Commemoration in cooperation with other civic organizations;
- Recognition for students in American Presidential history including an annual award at Grover Cleveland Middle School to graduating students for excellence in history; and,
- Publication of materials about Grover Cleveland, the Birthplace and Caldwell.
The GCBMA rediscovered part of its own history in the form of the original Articles of Incorporation from February 21, 1913. The Articles are embedded below.
Interested in joining the GCBMA? Visit the Join Us page to learn how.